Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Greater than Fear

I found a list of phobias this evening that was quite interesting. I copied and pasted just a few of them. There are SO MANY phobias out there, it is unreal! I can't even begin to imagine being afraid of some of these things.

Agateophobia- Fear of insanity.
Arachnephobia or Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders. (I think I have this one! lol)
Autodysomophobia- Fear of one that has a vile odor
Consecotaleophobia- Fear of chopsticks
Chronophobia- Fear of time.
Dutchphobia- Fear of the Dutch
Ecclesiophobia- Fear of church. (No way, I love church!)
Germanophobia- Fear of Germany or German culture.
Hadephobia- Fear of hell.
Hamartophobia- Fear of sinning.
Helminthophobia- Fear of being infested with worms. (Someone obviously had a bad experience)
Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms
Lachanophobia- Fear of vegetables. (Seriously?!)
Mycrophobia- Fear of small things.
Pedophobia- Fear of children (Children???)
Psellismophobia- Fear of stuttering.
Thaasophobia- Fear of sitting.
Verbophobia- Fear of words.
Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
Zoophobia- Fear of animals.

It is amazing how FEAR can get a grip on somebody and take them to such drastic measures. We know that fear is a spirit, and that spirit is not of God!

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Fear is a bondage - when somebody is fearful it is as if they are trapped. They are.
Thank God when we get the Holy Ghost we get peace!

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

If one lives in fear, their end is not a good one.

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

When we have the Holy Ghost (God's Spirit living inside of us) we have LOVE. God is love.

1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

There are times when the spirit of fear will do it's very best to grab a hold of us. When people are afraid, they do crazy things. When people are afraid, they don't do what they know they should do. Fear messes with minds and causes people to see things that aren't even there. Fear wakes you up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. Fear gets people to lie so that they will be accepted. Fear gets people to sin. Fear is overlooked. Fear is dangerous. Next time you feel afraid - afraid of rejection, afraid of people, afraid of the devil, just afraid, call on the Name of JESUS! THE NAME OF JESUS IS GREATER THAN FEAR! The Name of JESUS is powerful!

Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

EVERY knee includes FEAR'S KNEE! When we call on the Name of Jesus, fear has to flee.

7 comments:

Mary Frances said...

AMEN!!! Btw- I think I have the fear of ROACHES...whatever that is!!! LOL Also, defanatley the fear of the smell of a vile person...hahaha!!!

Hanna said...

Oooooh I LIKE this pos! HILARIOUS, but true nonetheless. I better start praying though, I think I have Autodysomophobia- Fear of one that has a vile odor hahahaha jk. But, Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms...ummm how in the world do ppl survive with that?! lol.

AMEN @ the Word!

Jennifer Connell said...

Mary, I don't like roaches either...eww!! I think I have the fear of bed bugs! I always hear about bed bugs and it totally grosses me out.

Hanna - I have no idea how people would be afraid of rooms! There are a lot of those people in the bay, they all live outside. lol jk
But really, that's crazy.

Carol Connell said...

Great post, Jen! I'm so glad we serve the God who is greater than any fear, and that we can call on His great name when we do feel afraid. Recent events at our house lead me to believe that I might have "rodentaphobia". Guess I better pray through on that one. :-)

Mary Frances said...

Oooo me an Hanna have the same fear of Autodysomophobia...LOL!!! Oh and Jen...since you are scared of bed bugs...I have to tell you this...I was pickin up these kids I bring to church last week and I have really been feelin like I need to show their mom...who is cRaZy and refers to herself as the CRAZY WHITE WOMAN, some love!!! So I was givin her a hug tellin her that I loved her and was prayin for her and she hugs me and says she loves me to and thanks for the prayers...they JUST got rid of THE BED BUGS!!!! I was like aaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuugggghhhh!!! She is like, let me tell you, that was ATROCIOUS!!! I was like OMW!!! I soooo kept itchin after that!!!LOL!!!

Mary Frances said...

LOL!!! I'm laughin about Jen's comment about a lot of people livin outside in the bay area....ahahha!!!

Jennifer Connell said...

Thanks, Mom! I think I have "Thesmellofrodentophobia" lol

Mary - You are full of hilarious stories! I love reading your blog and comments because of that, you make us LOL!