Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's obvious

Look at the image below. What do you see? This is not a trick question.
Did you say "a black dot?" That's what I said! And you're right, there is a black dot! So you're probably thinking "oookay?"

Ever wonder why nobody says "oh I see a lot of clean white space." It's because when something dark is there, it gets our attention and we focus on it. The little black dot is very obvious.

This is how God sees our sin. Some people feel like "hey, I'm doing good! Yeah, I have this little issue or thing I won't let go of, but it's no big deal, it's pretty small. I'm still going to church, still being faithful! I'm sure I'm fine."

NO.

God sees it all, even if it's a tiny dark spot on the surface of our heart. He sees all, He knows all, hears all. If there is something in our lives that is not pleasing to God, we need to get it right. If we don't, it can grow into a big black dot, bigger, then heart starts turning black. Sin grows when it is not taken care of. Just as mold grows in dark secret spots where there is no light or wind, sin grows in our hearts where the wind of the Holy Ghost is not blowing, where the light of the Word of God is not shining.

As the psalmist said, "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." (Psalm 51:10)

We need to repent so that God can blot our sins out.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

If we don't repent while we have a chance, and let God blot the sin out of our hearts, then our names will be blotted out of the book of the living.

Psalm 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

I want to do my very best to please God. Sin is sin. If somebody commits murder and does not repent, that sin will send them to hell. And if someone tells a little lie and doesn't repent, that sin will send them to hell, too.

Its up to us where we go! If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It's up to us!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

Soo true!

Mary Frances said...

WOW!!! This is a GOOD post!!! Great visual with the black dot and white space!!!

Anali V said...

I just read this.. a little late I know. But good post! I never would have thought about it like that before, about how our ONE sin is very very visible to God.

Thanks :)