Saturday, November 24, 2012

So very Thankful

Since Thanksgiving just rounded the corner, I would like to name things I am thankful for, and I give all the glory to God, where it belongs. I am thankful to Him, for He is the one who is writing the story of my life - The one who holds my life in His hands.

I am thankful....

  • God healed me as a baby
  • I was born into the home of godly parents who feared God
  • I have never been without food or a roof over my head
  • God has always been my provider
  • Though the devil has laid many traps for me throughout life, I am still serving the Lord
  • When I was a little over 3 1/2 years old, God blessed me with a brother - Paul
  • God has kept my brother and is making his life into something beautiful
  • We moved to Oakley to start a church when I was 11
  • Even when I was upset and lonely when we first came to Oakley, God worked all things together for my good
  • My dad told me I needed to keep learning piano when I was frustrated and wanted to quit. He said one day I would be thankful. I am very thankful.
  • Preachers in my life have given me words of wisdom, spoken to me about my life and reassured me God was going to, and was, using me. Wonderful things I never would have dreamed of back then as a frustrated young teenager have come to pass
  • God spared me many horrible things
  • God kept me through my teenage years, of which many were difficult
  • When all my good friends either backslid or moved away, God used the loneliness I struggled with to strengthen me and draw me closer to Him in prayer
  • God gave me better friends that love Him and serve Him, and strengthened me to do so as well
  • When I was wrong, God sent preachers and people my way to help me and get me on the right path
  • God has blessed my dad with good, solid preacher friends in his life that have been a huge blessing to our family and to our church
  • God is giving us revival in our local church
  • God has reassured me over and over in many ways that He has a plan for my life and wants to use me
  • God put the very desire to be used of Him inside my heart
  • God provided us with a home better home when we had no choice but to leave our old home
  • God blessed me with a car, right when I needed it - for only 200 dollars. It runs well and is pretty dependable.
  • God blessed with a better job when I needed it. A job I wasn't even really qualified for
  • God has used me on my job to be a witness. He has shown me favor with my employers, and to God be the glory
  • He has used the things satan put in my life that made me fear greatly to help me over come and have a greater faith than I ever had
  • I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life
  • I can claim the promises in God's Word for myself, because I am serving Him. I am His child!
  • I am living in the greatest time to shine
  • As David said in Psalm 119:71, 'It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.' I'm thankful for the trials that made me stronger in God
  • God has given me promises
  • I have seen promises God made come to pass
  • I have a good church family
  • My parents are wonderful and I would not be where I am in God without their prayers and counsel
  • My brother makes me laugh and is my friend
  • I love my little doggy, too. :)
  • I just feel SO blessed
  • All the seemingly "bad" things that have happened to me have ALL been used for my good. That is the fulfilling of God's promise. (Romans 8:28)
  • My heart is full and running over with thanks to Jesus, my savior. To Him be ALL the glory, honor, and praise!
I'm so very thankful.

3 comments:

jen lord said...

Sounds like you're pretty blessed!! :D

Kristin C said...

So thankful for you, my dear Jen!
Love,
Auntie KC

Jennifer Connell said...

Aww, Thanks Auntie! Love you!!