Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Little Children

I was recently thinking about the words of Jesus in Matthew 18:3 - ...."Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." We can't go to heaven unless we become as little children? What did He mean? I thought of the characteristics of a child.

They are very trusting - When a child is told something will be given them, they believe it! They come running to their parents because they trust that they will pick them up and take care of their needs. We need to trust God in this way and believe His Word: He is our provider!
Little children are forgiving - They don't stay upset with you very long! They get over things easier than most adults do. They know how to forgive. We need to be forgiving.
Little children are lowly - They don't have much pride. They don't think highly of themselves, they are too little! They will cry in front of anyone and express that they need help. Little children are humble! If there's anything God hates, it's pride! We need to learn to humble ourselves.
Little children are loving - They show affection and care for people. If a little kid sees you crying or upset they show concern and try to comfort. We as Apostolics should have a love for people's souls!
The older people get, the harder it seems to be for them to trust, to love, to forgive, and to be humble. Things come our way in life that can harden us and make us the opposite -hateful, fearful and unbelieving, proud, grudge holders, etc. But Jesus can help us through those things with His Spirit that He gives to us - the Holy Ghost! I want to be like a little child because I want to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, don't you?

1 comment:

Carol Connell said...

Great post, Jen. I want to have those childlike qualities too, so that I can be pleasing to God. I'm happy that your interview went well too, and I'm believing God for great things. I love you, my child!

Mumsy