Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm just a little light bulb

Funny title, right? Well, figuratively speaking, I am just a little light bulb. Yesterday we had a fellowship meeting at our church with a few other churches. The service was awesome from the beginning to the end. The presence of God moved on the people. It was a blessing, and it really encouraged me and strengthened me, as it did for many others I'm sure. After looking at all these good saints from all the churches that were gathered there, I started thinking about how insignificant I am. Who am I among all these good people living for God? I really am nothing! I thought. And it's true, we really are nothing. God doesn't need us, but He does desire to use us and has a plan for each and every individual. And He really does care about us, and He takes pleasure in His people. It made me think of a string of lights. Each of the little light bulbs seem so insignificant by themselves, but when you step back and see the whole string of lights shining together, it is a beautiful sight. The church really is the same way. We may not feel like we are much all by ourselves, but we are apart of something much bigger than us. We are the light of the world. And if your light goes out, it effects the string of lights. You can see where one little light is out, even on a big string of lights. So, while we really are tiny and not much, doing our part is SO important! Don't ever think just because you're "you" and not "them" that you are not important. You are important. The reason you are important is because you have God, and God's work is important! God is what makes us something! Because without Him, we really are nothing. I'm just a little light bulb on that big string of lights, but I want to do my part and shine bright, because I am a part of something BIG. Much bigger than me.

No comments: