Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In Weakness made Strong

I found some quotes from Corrie Ten Boom, a jewish woman who went through horrible things and suffered greatly during the Holocaust. I like what she has to say.

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ― Corrie ten Boom

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.” ― Corrie ten Boom

Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.” ― Corrie ten Boom

If you look at the world, you'll be distressed. If you look within, you'll be depressed. If you look at God you'll be at rest.” ― Corrie ten Boom

What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is prayer to the soul. ” ― Corrie ten Boom

It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts.” ― Corrie ten Boom

You can never learn that Christ is all you need, until Christ is all you have.” ― Corrie ten Boom


It is in times of desperation when we have no where else to go, that we realize how much we really need God. It is the times of weakness that make us strong. If you are in a critical time in your life, a time of great need and desperation, look to God, and let it make you stronger. Our trouble can either make us better or bitter. I want to always get better, no matter what I go through! How about you?

1 comment:

Hanna said...

I like x 1,000,000