Monday, May 14, 2012

Awesome weekend

What a wonderful weekend! God was so good to us. We were privileged to have Elder Ron Garrett with us teaching about prayer and then preaching a youth rally. God moved in a special way and lives were touched. I'm so thankful to be in the church of the living God. Aside from being under the weather, I am doing well!

I have pictures from this weekend but have not uploaded them, since unfortunately, my laptop crashed and needs divine healing. Ha! 'tis life, folks.

We had a great time of fellowship, prayer, and outreach. On Saturday morning my brother and I and our friends Hanna and Coco went on outreach in the neighborhood behind the church. We ran into so many receptive, hungry people. The fields really are white already to harvest - lift up your eyes and look on the fields! There are so many people in this day and hour who can now see their desperate need for God. It's easier to see the stars when it's dark out, and we sure do live in a dark world.

I'll probably post pictures when I have time - which it seems I don't have time to do everything! Sometimes we just are too busy! Anyhow...comment. :) What has God done in your life? How has He used you and blessed you?

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I love Bro. Garrett. He was my youth leader... 35 years ago - oh my, that's a long time ago!

Notions from Nonny said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!! Tell your mom Happy Mother's Day!!! :-)

Jennifer Connell said...

Sis McElhaney, good to hear from you! Wow, he must have been an awesome youth leader. I love to listen to him pray.

Sis Kendrick, Thank you so much for commenting! I will tell her, and Happy Mother's day to you as well. We love you!

Mary Frances said...

I'm sure it was AWESOME!!! I always pick his classes to be in at the Bible College!!!