Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I can see in the dark

Yesterday I heard heard several stories about some people I know through work who are really going through some hard times and terrible situations. The stories tore at my heart. My co worker's cousin has been missing for about a week, and she just found out his body was found dead on the side of the road. Another lady I know just had a baby and found out she has a brain tumor. They were able to remove some of the tumor but have to do radiation on the rest. So now she has 3 kids, one of them has a learning disability, and one is just a new baby. I began to think about how terrible these situations are, and especially for people who don't know God. How dark their world must seem!

The verse came to mind,

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

I could be going through the darkest time in my life, but if I have the Word of God - the truth - I can still see the way. I may not know what's coming next, but I can still see the path and know where I stand because of His word.

Have you every gone through a trial and felt like God was a million miles away? If you've been living for God for a while, you know that there are times that God is quiet. There are moments when you feel like God is far away, but you can go to His Word and He'll speak right to you!

I'm so thankful for the Word of God. Because of the written Word of God, I can always know where I am standing, and I can see the way!

Joh 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

3 comments:

Hanna said...


"When you can't see His hand, trust His heart" -Cody Marks

Awesome; I especially love the title :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

My daily thought wheel for today says this: "Christians have their share of troubles, disappointments, sorrows; but all the time, in the midst of these, they have a secret peace of which the world knows nothing."

Jennifer Connell said...

I like both of these quotes! Thanks for sharing!