Monday, November 26, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

A few weeks ago at church we had a little newcomer - DJ. He enjoyed himself at Kid's church, then went into the back to have snack with all the kids. We have Kid's church in the main sanctuary. (We do not have Sunday school rooms yet.)

Right after the kid's snack, we transition into preservice prayer for our regular Sunday morning service. Adults were praying in the sanctuary when little DJ walked back inside. (You Apostolics know what pre service prayer sounds like!)

Shortly after entering the room, little DJ loudly declared, "IT SOUNDS LIKE ZOMBIES!!!"
It was quite hilarious, seeing he had probably never been in a Pentecostal church and didn't quite understand what was going on. Just thought I'd share. :) One day he'll be praying with us!

4 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

Well now I know what zombies sound like ~ I had no idea!!

Anali V said...

hahahaha gotta love kids!

Well at least he wasn't like my nephew, who is currently scared of my pastor's wife...he asked my mom on Saturday while she was changing him if Sister Grijalva was going to church. When my mom said yes, he said "Noooo, tell her not to cooooomeeee"

Jennifer Connell said...

Sis. McElhaney - It's amazing how little these kids know about God and how much they know about all these gross movies and make believe characters! I guess it was his only reference of comparison!

Anali - Your nephew is funny! lol Kids in general, can be hilarious!

Mary Frances said...

LOLOL! Really funny too with all the ZOMBIE drama going on these days!!!