Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Riddle Answer

The answer is one word. There are five letters in the word.Whale

and appears only four times in the Bible.
Genesis 1:21
Ezekial 32:2
Job 7:12
Matthew 12:40


Adam, God made out of dust, but thought it was best to make me first. So I was made before man to answer God's most holy plan. A living being I became and Adam gave me my name. From his presence I then withdrew and more of Adam I never knew. I did my maker's law obey, not ever went from it astray. Thousands of miles I go in fear, but seldom on the earth appear.Whales are in the ocean

For purpose wise which God did see, he put a living soul in me.Jonah

A soul from me God did claim and took from me the soul again. So when from me the soul had fled, I was the same as when first made.Jonah was freed from the whale

And without hands or feet or soul, I travel on from pole to pole.Whales are long-distance travelers

I labor hours by day, by night to follow man to give him light. Thousands of people, young and old, will by my death great light behold.Whale oil burns very nicely in many lamps. But the whale must be killed to get the oil.

No right or wrong can I conceive, the scriptures I cannot believe. Although my name therein is found, they are to me an empty sound. No fear of death doth trouble me, real happiness I'll never see. To Heaven I shall never go, or to Hell below. A whale cannot reason and won't go to heaven or hell.

Now when these lines you slowly read, so search your Bible with all speed for that my name is there, I do honestly to you declare.See above.

No comments: