Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Spanish Songs!

Recently, God has really been working in the Spanish speaking people and is bringing more of them to our church. Most of them have been coming over from a Trinitarian Spanish Pentecostal church, and they are hungry for God! They come and cry in the altar and during song service.  As a result of the numbers of Spanish speaking people coming into our church, our song services have pretty much turned bilingual.  We still have no men in the church that can interpret the preaching in Spanish, but were are praying that God would add someone to the church to help with this!


There are a lot of Spanish speaking people in our area, especially in the neighborhoods surrounding our church. I know God is drawing them! I love Spanish speaking people and want to see this door open up big this year! Please help us pray for these people and also pray for us, that we will be able to reach them! We are currently limited in people fluent in Spanish. Several people in our church already speak Spanish, and more of us are learning. I am working on it, but I feel like I need to be completely surrounded by it; I learn that way best! Time for another missions trip! Sometime, hopefully... lol


I do have quite a collection songs ahead of me to work on, but if anyone has any other Spanish songs or suggestions, that would be great! Especially of songs that are already commonly sung in English in our churches in the states. I realize that some song simply don't translate well at all. :( But some do! I am mainly looking for some faster songs, and then altar call songs. Any help or suggestions appreciated! And to those who have already helped me and sent me some, (you all know who you are) thank you so much!!! It's been a big help!

7 comments:

Mumsy said...

I love Spanish speaking people too, even Anali! LOL You're doing a great job with the music and in learning more of the language. God is blessing your efforts, and I am looking forward to seeing God add more Hispanics to our local congregation as well as anybody who is hungry for truth!

jen lord said...

That's weird, even I love Anali too (I think)!

Fast ones - "Alabare A Mi Senor", "Este Es El Cristo Que Yo Predico", "No Hay Dios Tan Grande Como Tu", "Viva La Fe", "Hay Vida En Jesus"

Altar call - "Tu fidelidad" (my personal fave of the songs we sing)

And ones that translate - "Yo Danzo Como David" (I Will Dance Like David Danced), "Vamos Ofrecer Al Senor" (We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise), "Las Puerta Del Cielo Se Abrieron" (The Windows of Heaven Are Open"

Jennifer Connell said...

Haha, poor Anali! Maybe I should tell her to view this! Mom, I'm looking forward to that, too!

JenTwin, thank you! Do you have my email? If not, text me and I'll send you my email! I'd love some of those songs! We sing "Tu Fidelidad" quite a bit; I love that song! I don't think we sing any of the others you listed though. Gracias! :)

The Wakefields: Missionaries to Mexico said...

I will email you in the morning!! :)
Maybe I can add a few.

~Bethany~

Jennifer Connell said...

Muchas gracias, mi amiga! ;) I'm sure you'll be able to add something to my collection. :)

Anonymous said...

I love every one too lol maybe when I go visit you during spring break we can go over a bunch of stuff I'll bring over my messy songbook lol oh and I forgot that I said I would email you the lyrics to those songs but you forgot to remind me lol
-Anali (:

Jennifer Connell said...

That would be lovely, Anali!
And now you're reminded, so there. lol