Thursday, April 9, 2020

Quarantined?

Okay, its been SO long since I've written on the ol' blog, obviously. This COVID-19 crisis along with the quarantine situation made me want to try and blog again, so here we go! I don't know if anyone really checks this thing anymore since I haven't updated it in over a year, but here it goes anyhow!

It seems like the world has flipped upside down within just the past several weeks, hasn't it? With all the changes to daily life, work, the economy, not being able to gather together with others, etc., I've been doing a lot of thinking and have also come to realize several things. I guess you could say I'm learning!

1. I've learned how much I took for granted and didn't even fully realize I was taking things for granted. Being able to have weekly church services and gather together with God's people in PERSON is something I knew was precious, but I've never been so grateful for it in my life. Sometimes it's not until we have things taken away from us that we come to truly appreciate them as we should.

2. I'm learning it's beautiful to have complete and total trust in God. Everything right now is so uncertain in so many ways, but when you're a child of God, you have His promises in your life and you know He will take care of you because you're one His own!


No matter what the church may face in these closing days of time, we have God on our side! Don't forget what's written in the book -- we win! Hang on to God and to what is right, and be faithful. I believe revival is here!

Stay Encouraged!

-Jen


5 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm happy to see you blogging again. I'm missing my church family so much! But we will get through this with God on our side.

Jennifer Connell said...

Missing my church family as well! And definitely agree that we will get through this! God is with us and I believe a revival will come out of this and is already happening. Love you!

All that Jazz said...

I used to read your blog! So glad you’re blogging again. :-)

Jennifer Connell said...

Thank you! It's already been several months now, and I can't seem to get into the swing of blogging like I did when I was younger. But maybe a burst of inspiration will hit me in my spare time, hopefully, accompanied by a burst of energy. Haha! Thanks for reading!

jen lord said...

Twin! Going to church is such a treasure. This craziness is revealing where people's hearts are at.