Friday, September 11, 2020

Catching Up - Missions Trip Pictures

 I do realize I fell off the blog bandwagon for quite some time. During my rather long sabbatical, quite a bit has taken place, though I won't even try to cover it all. The one thing I did want to share is a few recent pictures from missions trips to Peru, Mexico, and Honduras. Recent as in anywhere from about a year and a half ago to 6 and a half months ago. Yes, I got to take one amazing trip this year shortly before COVID interrupted life. When I blogged rather frequently in time past, I would often post pictures and updates from missions trips. So, here's a little peek at missions trips from more recent times.

Peru

The photos in the collage below were taken this year sometime near the end of January - beginning of February. I was blessed to be accompanied by my family as well as some dear friends: Courtney, Allana, Cara, and Jackie. They made this trip an absolute BLAST! The services at the national convention in Lima were special. The Nix family (missionaries to Peru) are such giving, genuine people. They have become like family to us, and I'm so grateful for them. It's always a treat to be in Peru.



   
Mexico

This quick trip over the border was very special to me. I absolutely love Mexico! This trip took place in December of last year and my friend, Cara, went with me. We made a lot of memories and had lots of laughs within a very short period of time. It was really neat to be able to see both Mexico and Peru together! God is doing great things in this new work in the city of Ensenada. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to go and meet these sweet people. Bro. & Sis. Villegas are great people! Maybe sometime later I'll do more posts with more pictures. Keep this new work in Ensenada in your prayers!




Honduras

I had the privilege of visiting Honduras THREE times in just a little over a year's time. December 2018, May 2019, and January of this year. The Schreckhise family (missionaries to Honduras) are dear friends of mine, more like family! Those type of friends. I always have a blast there, and I have come to know and love many of the Honduran saints. They are awesome people! The Schreckhise family are some of the hardest working people I know - real through and through. These pictures are a combination of different trips to Honduras (I think). When you do 3 trips that close together, you can get a little mixed up!




Peru, Honduras, and Mexico along with many other countries have been affected by COVID-19. Peru and Honduras have been much more locked down than we have here in the states, especially Peru. The saints in Lima have not been able to gather together in their church building in person since MARCH! It's been 6 months. Please keep them in prayer. They are longing to all be together again in the house of God. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments: