Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Remembering Yia Yia

One year ago today, May 5th, Yia Yia passed away. For those of you who do not know, Yia Yia means grandmother in Greek. She was a wonderful person. She has 3 boys, my dad, Uncle Mike, and Uncle Dean. Paul and I were her only grandkids. Therefore, I was her FAVORITE grand daughter. She was an excellent cook, had a wonderful personality, and she LOVED a good bargain. If something was on sale she would buy it, (Even if she had no need for it) I remember going to her house and upstairs there were pictures in the hall that she drew. They were really good! There are so many little things that can go un noticed about someone for so long. After she passed and the family was sorting through old things and pictures we realized how detailed she was! She kept everything and made lots of little notes about so many things. We used to write letters back and forth, and as she got older and wasn't able to write, she would call when she got my letter and respond that way. I can't believe she has been gone for a year already. I just wanted to make a post and say that she is still missed and she will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

Peter C. said...

Thanks for the post Jen. I sure miss my Mom...

Pops

Jennifer Connell said...

You're welcome Dad. I miss her too.