Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tom

(Tom, with niece Abby)


Yesterday afternoon my uncle, Tom, passed away very unexpectedly at the age of 50. It was a shock to all of us and it happened so fast. Yesterday morning, Tom sent me a Scripture text. It said this:


"And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be GREAT. (Luke 9:48) It's not hard to feel the least when u know how GREAT he is! Tom"


While I am sad that he is gone so soon, I find comfort and peace in knowing he was ready to meet God. On Friday night, he had been praying and worshipping God. Saturday morning he was in the Word and sent me that one last text. Saturday afternoon, he was worshipping again, but this time he's on streets of gold. He has won the greatest victory anyone could have. I am so thankful for hope. One day we will see him again if we live for God. God is good!


Please pray for my mom and her family while they are grieving over losing him so suddenly. They really need prayer. Pray for his mother, my grandma, who lived with him. She will be needing much prayer.


Thank God for HOPE!

9 comments:

Kendrick Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Will be keeping your family in my prayers... Much Love, Heather

Jennifer Connell said...

Thank you so much, Sis. Heather. We appreciate the prayers!

The Polished Plume said...

Oh honey I am so sorry. We'll be praying for your family. Please tell your family our love and prayers are with them.

Jennifer Connell said...

Thank you Siena, I will pass on the kind words to my family. Love and appreciate you!

Anonymous said...

Jen, my dear niece,
Thank you for sharing Tom's last text to you and his last 24 hours in this ol' world. What a wonderful verse he shared his thoughts on, and a sweet picture of our lil' Abby, he cared for.
Yes, what peace we have that we will see our dear brother & uncle again, one day on the other side of this life!
Praying for all of you out there...and looking forward to seeing you very soon.
HUGS!
Auntie Kristin

Anali V said...

Beautifully written... Will be praying !

Ash said...

Hey Girl.. I'm so sorry to hear about this.. I will keep your family in prayer.
One thing we can Thank God for is that he is in Heaven:). Luv ya see you soon

Jennifer Connell said...

Auntie Kristin - Thank you so much for you comment. I really am looking forward to seeing you soon! Thank God for peace that passeth all understanding. Love you!

Anali - Thank you so much for the prayers!

Ash - Yes, I am so thankful he is in not just a better place, but the BEST place anyone could ever be! I'm sure he doesn't want to come back now, he's having a great time. Thanks for the prayers!

cltgrace said...

Hi, sweet girl. I'm so sorry for the loss of your uncle Tom. He was an extraordinary man & I count it a privilege to have known him, serve with him, sing with him, worship with him, and enjoy his silliness. I was often encouraged by his timely word & truly blessed to call him friend & brother in Christ. Praying for you & your family.