Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in my heart

There is no better way to start a day than by giving God praise. Today I am thankful for such a good family. I am thankful to be a part of the church of the living God. I am thankful to be on the road to heaven! I am thankful that God is working in our current situation and that everything will work out for the good for us. (Romans 8:28) I am thankful for preachers and saints of God who have helped me when I was at a crossroads in my life as a young teenager. I am thankful to be out of the teen years as well. LOL I am thankful for God's power and mercy! I am thankful for food to eat and a roof over my head. I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful for my car. I'm thankful for all my friends. I am very thankful for preaching. I'm thankful that we can enter in to the very presence of God. They did not have that opportunity in the Old Testament, and we should not enter in EVER without being thankful!

Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. (Psalm 100:4 KJV)

He is worthy! I always want to remember that all of my blessings come from Him and belong to Him. He gives and takes away. You and I are not are own. As the Scripture says, "Ye are bought with a price."

The earth is the LORD’s, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. (Psalm 24:1 KJV)

So, today I am very thankful for everything God has done for me. Now, it's time to share those blessings with others and let God bless them through us!

1 comment:

jen lord said...

count your blessings!
name them one by one!